Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh Happy Day!!! The 5th and Final is on it's WAY!!!!













These are the words I sing to myself at least once a day. Being pregnant with our 5th baby has been quite an adventure and I am only at week 15. This pregnancy has been so wild and different from all the rest right from the get go.

I was happily moving forward in my life with my four Crazy and Fabulous children, when out of no where I had THE experience. You know, the one where that little person still up THERE whispers loudly in your ear, "Please don't leave me up here, you promised"!!!!!!!! I was Shocked to say the least and felt unprepared. It was one of those things that I will never fully be able to explain, how powerful and intense it was. My first thought was, I am NOT telling my mom, she would kill me!!!


So that was that and we were pregnant within in the next few months. You can imagine my surprise when I started miscarrying the baby. I went to the doctor and they were pretty positive the baby wasn't going to make it based on what they saw in the ultrasound. The baby had a heart beat but it was weak and irregular. I couldn't believe it! I knew I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. I knew that I was supposed to be pregnant with this baby. I was so confused.


A few days later I went in for another ultrasound. The baby's situation had slightly improved and that's when they saw IT! The second sac. I had been pregnant with twins AGAIN but the second one didn't make it. So Crazy! That would have been my second set of twins, and twins to make a total of 6 kids! Wow!



So here I am now at 15 weeks and everything is going great. The baby looks good and the other sac is slowly deteriorating. It has been such a crazy experience. My testimony has grown. I have had to focus on what my Heavenly Father was telling me despite what the doctors were telling me. Such a humbling experience. Heavenly Father gave me exactly what I needed when I needed it. I am so grateful that he knows me so well and I am so grateful to be having our 5th and final.


I feel like I am entering another stage in life. There is no more guess work on whether or not to have more children. After this baby is born we can sell off all the baby clothes and accessories and never look back. It feels good, and Right! I feel like I am in a really good place in life right now.

11 comments:

Alison said...

Holy moly! I am so excited for you! 5 kids, what an adventure. I hope all goes well for you. When are you due?

Us said...

Congratulations Candee!

Shalice said...

Awwwwww, the kids are getting growing so fast. It is weird how quickly they change. We sure miss you guys and cant wait to get home.

ANd, why didnt you post any pics of you and Matt? I cant wait to see your baby bump. I cant wait for the newest member in our family. Love you!

Tifani said...

we are only a week apart from eachother. crazy crazy!!!! congrats on the baby!!!

The McNeil Family said...

Wow.. What a amazing story. Good luck with the baby on the way. Congrats

Rushele said...

I am so glad to hear that all is well and baby is growing and healthy!!!
And congrats on the 5th and final! It's such a great feeling to know that you're done after this one....although I'm kind of sad at times too knowing that I'll never have a tiny baby again.
Your kids are all so adorable!! I love the new pics of them.

Maranda Whittle said...

Holy cow, congrats, I had no idea! I'll be praying for your family!

The Crider Clan said...

Congratulations Candee! I am about 10 weeks along with my 4th baby...and so happy too...but I don't know yet if this is my FINAL! Must be a good feeling! Your kids are so very cute!

Amy said...

Congrats to You and Your family. Reading through your experience, I can see your personality showing through. What a great Mom you are and enjoy your LAST pregnancy!!

Steph said...

So cool! Congrats! With my last baby I had somewhat of the same experience. I almost delivered my friends baby. The ambulance made it there with 2 min to spare. Two minutes later and I would have done it myself. I went home walking on clouds. I thought it was the coolest expereince EVER! I told my husband I wanted one more. Our doctor strongly advised against it because I had 3 c-sections and really thin uterine tissue. He said the risk of rupture was too high. I prayed, recieved my answer, pestered my husband and he again said I was crazy. I told him to humor me and pray about it. He did and three days later we started trying. It took 9 long months but we finally conceived our 4th and FINAL. Her name is Colbie Belle and she is the sweetest thing to ever walk the earth. I now have cancer so more kids are out of the question. We feel so blessed to have personal revelation. You know when the Lord gives you instructions, if you follow them your life is blessed. Congrats again. I am so happy for you.
Stephanie (Merrick) Carroll

Beats by Dre Headphones said...

We held onto the bouyes for a little while Beats by Dre so i could catch my breath before we made the swim back in. We started back in with my son on my back and my oldest son right ahead of me, about half way there i came to the relization that i was not going to make it Beats by Dre Headphones! All i could think about was my son who at this point new something was wrong with dad and started to panic. I called for my oldest son who was right infront of me screaming for help P90x Workout. He did not hear me for he was swimming under the water Px90 Workout. I gave everything that i had left in the tank to get too shallow ground Px90. Just when i thought i was not going to make it i felt my foot hit sand and was able to get my son who at this time was freaking out to shore Beats by Dre Earphones.